Thursday 2 February 2012

Trading Update.

Evening all from here in London.  So Looking over the markets we can see that it has been quite a choppy session with no real sustained momentum for either side. It would appear that investors are waiting on the side-lines until the Non-Farm Payrolls figure is out of the way tomorrow.  My Cable trade from yesterday is currently on-side and if the bottom trend channel breaks tomorrow with selling price-action then I will be looking to add some more.  Trading break-outs isn't something I would normally condone, but given the reasons that put me in the trade yesterday and the fact that I would be adding to a winning position if the breakout were to occur; I think it would be justified.  I will also trail my stop-loss order down to yesterday's high because if this breaks the picture changes. 


 I have also got my eye on the AUS/USD pair. I've put in a speculative short position as shown below. 

 We are at a significant resistance level on the daily time-frame. Momentum is not on my side and it's a risky trade, however, I think it may be worth having a punt as price repeatedly failed to trade higher throughout today's session forming a head and shoulders formation on the lower time-frames as depicted below.
  We saw Gold break-out to the highs today but the Aussie couldn't follow and this is a clear sign of selling pressure.  As this pattern has coincided with a big level and more importantly I can have a very tight pre-defined stop  I think the upside for this trade could make it worth the risk.  This is by no means a high-probability trade but if we get some downward momentum over night there will undoubtedly be some long profit-taking/covering.  

No comments:

Post a Comment